Conference and Carnations

Conference weekend! Yay! I like conference more each year, maybe just because I am getting older, maybe because my parents no longer force us to listen to it on all-day drives. Either way, I hope you all had a wonderful conference weekend! I think another reason why I loved it so much this year was because I got to spend a lot of time just me and Capital C (she prefers greater blog anonymity). We made all our favorite breakfast foods, stayed in pajamas, and had fun at Target and Borders. You know when you are like 5 and all you want to do is tag along with your older sister? Yeah, still waiting for that to go away, I love any chance I get to hang out with her.

The only downside to this weekend was waking up to LOTS of snow on Sunday morning. Boo. Despite this fact, my mind is on flowers. FLOWERS FLOWERS FLOWERS. I should warn you now, I am a major flower snob, I know exactly what flowers I like and what flowers I don't and I am not afraid to share these opinions. Shocker, I know.


With regards to flowers, I have a dream. A boy has never given me flowers, which is fine, but someday I want flowers from a real life boy (as opposed to the Pinocchio genre I suppose?) Let me clarify: I have been given flowers by boys for dances, but I have never been given flowers that weren't obligatory in nature. And while I would be elated with a bouquet of dandelions, while I am dreaming, this is what I would love so much with a sigh:


1. Coral/honeysuckle pink Peonies. I love white peonies, I love fuschia peonies, and the rarer yellow peony is exquisite, but I am obsessed with the corrally pink peonies.Aren't they beauteous!



2. I think it would be so cute to be given a little victorian nosegay with ranunculus. They are just the sweetest flower, beautiful but not terribly ostentatious

3. Peach garden roses. I think it is funny that these are called garden roses, because I have never seen these in someone's backyard garden, but aren't they amazing!!
4. And finally, carnations. I just love carnations, I think they are so exceptionally beautiful. Especially when they are all bunched together and it is just ruffle after ruffle of low maintenance goodness. As a publicist, I am determined to improve the reputation for this perdy plant.




So while I am waiting for some future monsieur to bring me my perfect bunch, I bought these for myself yesterday and arranged them. I saw them and it was just love at first sight, I knew these enchanting little pixie carnations needed to come home with me. The flowers are from Costco and the vase is from Ikea. And they look much better in person


And while I am not a big fan of orchids, any kind of daisy (except button mums, they are so funny) and most roses, I wouldn't say no to any of these wrapped in cellophane and delivered to my door:)

Now off to make some lemon buttercream cupcakes for tomorrows FHE! Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. I am a flower snob too. But I completely approve of your choices. I specifically requested peonies in my wedding bouquet. And freesias. I love a good bouquet.

    ReplyDelete