The Curse of the Black Pearl

The Day's Forecast:
Weather report: I don't want to talk about it
Songs of the day: Tangled, I See the Light + Marvin Gaye You're All I Need to Get By
On the horizon: Such fun date last night with a great guy who will henceforth be called Triathlad, details on Monsieur Monday.

A few months back I bought my first car (all by myself even! all growed up) after YEARS of studying different crossover models, learning what "trim" meant in car speak and enduring two breakdowns in hand me down cars (which for the record I am very grateful for, thank you family! I love Eleanor and Norman forever! :) I bought a beautiful Mazda CX-7 in black. And I mean beautiful. I love this car. How much? I have vacuumed it three times in five weeks. I have washed it four times in 2 months. And never the kind of wash where you just drive thru something, no, that isn't good enough for my girl. I do the fancy kind of wash where you get out and do it yourself, and you do like 8 different steps. I can recite them now by memory (pre soak, suds brush, tire wash, soak . . . )  Once I even did this in 15 degree cold in 4 inch heels. It is amazing what one does for love.
 Anyways, I have not been able to decide on a name for this car, which has been very disturbing to me. In the past, it wasn't long til I happened upon the perfect name for a vehicle, and as soon as that happens the warmth of sweet satisfaction surges through the veins like apple cider at just the right temperature. However, due to recent events, there is a possibility this car may be called "the Black Pearl," as it is most definitely cursed. In one month it has been in the worst snow storm of the year where it was hit, sustained a 1 foot scratch on the hood from what we are assuming was a windblown tree branch, dinged on the passenger side by a white car, huge rock chip in the wind shield that you can still see evidence from even though I got it fixed, a little plastic doohicky broke inside and yesterday morning, this was pulled out of my tire (vertically pulled out folks, vertically)... Yeah, it had deflated the whole tire in a few minutes.

Needless to say, this has been very upsetting. In addition to causing mental breakdowns on an already fragile psyche:) I know it is a car, and it happens, but I am not a fan of it happening and I really don't much like how much has happened to my brand new car in one month! I say no! Anyways, I was so depressed about all of this at work yesterday that I wasn't the most cheerful coworker. And of course, Ashley noticed. Ashley is the other resident of PR Parkway, and is the most thoughtful, caring, selfless person on the planet. I am in awe of her on a daily basis. Anyways, this morning she presented me with the following, my own personal Car Demon Defender! (notice he is accessorizing with...black pearls:)


So thank you Ashley, me and the Black Pearl feel safer already. :)

3 comments:

  1. your car is gorgeous!! i'm in love!! what a bummer it seems so cursed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your car! I am so sorry about all that has gone on with the new beauty! Without all the problems with the car, do you still like the car?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even with all the problems, I definitely still love it. More than anything, it is just nice feeling safe. My previous two cars were swell and all, but I knew with every click of my seatbelt that it could break down on me at any second, which is scary. It is nice feeling safe, and I kind of love writing out my car payment check each month, it makes me feel grown up.

    ReplyDelete