I FINALLY discovered a French podcast that doesn't drive me crazy, and after listening to it on two commutes I have memorized three phrases, the title being one of them. I miss being able to more proficiently parle le langage francaise, and I am determined to be somewhat fluent by the end of the year. In 2012 I am tackling Latin, and then 2013 Russian. French has my heart and passion (appropriate considering the connotation with the language), but I am completely fascinated with Latin and Russian is just enchanting. But, one step at a time. Or rather, one conjugation at a time. Anyways, after seeing this twice:
This once a week since the first time I saw it, July 4 2006 (clearly it changed my life. I was wearing a cute outfit that day too. Wide leg khaki cropped, starched and pleated, BR white vneck jersey, red art deco necklace red flats. I loved that outfit):
And this every few weeks:
I am craving Paris DESPERATELY! I may or may not be in a constant state of planning my faux trip to la ville de lumieres (I get that from Jim), and what I am going to wear on said trip (I get that from Tracie). Naturally in this fantasy a monsieur is present, because that is Paris was meant to be imagined:)
First off, I will not go during summer. I will go in October, because I love that month. I want to stay in the Hotel de Crillon, which perfectly embodies what we love about Paris--Romance gilded.
I don't want to be the hectic tourist in Paris, I love being that but I have done that. I want to see Paris the way a Parisian does. I want to sit in cafes and lounge, while taking in the sites. And I want to do this every single night, a boat trip on the Seine after the sun is down and the lights twinkle
I want to spend half an entire day just trying on shoes here (because a whole day would just be silly):
I want to spend an entire day just going to all the great fountains and then picking a favorite. I want to sneak into a class here:
I want to attend Mass here,
And eat one of these with every single meal
Let's not lie, I will also go here as the only time I have gone to McDonalds in the last decade is when I have been overseas. Plus this McDonalds has marble floors. Only in Paris.
There is something so wonderful about a McDonalds overseas, they are comforting. Like my greasy little american security blanket (because if you actually did pack a blanket for Europe to offer these things by the time you arrived it just smells like luggage)
And I want to read Henry James right here, or perhaps some George Sand:
And I am still me, so I probably will make a stop here:
Now, for the important question. What shall I wear? Let's start with. . .
I will wear these pajamas, sensible for the European excursion but still not a disappointment to Paris fashion:
And of course this, for a Sunday stroll in the gardens of Versailles:
For the mediterranean:
For the rainy days:
What will I wear as I visit every single boulangerie, palace and jardins? Stay tuned, that is its own post folks.
Not in the Parisian spirit yet? Here is my favorite French song, you won't last thirty seconds till you are searching for your passport:






















No comments:
Post a Comment