What a good day looks like


Forecast:
Song of the day: Father of the Bride instrumental soundtrack
Current food obsession: Cheese as always, currently the Laughing Cow Babybels in the red wax. I have fun eating them and then making the wax pieces look like Pacmans scurrying across my desk. Scurry is a good word.
Favorite word of the day: Scurry
Wearing: favorite Limited white wide leg cropped pants, BR gray striped boat neck t, Pearls, Red belt and shoes

Thursday has always been my favorite day of the week. I love Thursdays. They have all the wonderful potential and kinetic energy of the weekend without the inevitable disappointments. I love Thursdays. And today lived up to Thursday's good name, for the following reasons:

1. I got to work early. The day is always better when I get to work early, ahead of coworkers and feeling good.
2. skip the next 8 hours of boring professional existence:) But at least I got to write (good day when I get to write) and got tons crossed off my project list

3. Met up with the gorgeous and delightful Melanie for dinner at Biaggi's (amaaaazing). She was positively glowing, and it was a pleasure just to be in her realm of sunshine:) Holy cow she is going to be the most amazing teacher.
4. shopping (hallelujah chorus)Where I made the following purchase. It is from the Banana Republic MAD MEN collection, the collection I await eagerly each year. I love MAD MEN, I am completely obsessed with 60s style and we all know how I feel about the Banana, thus I didn't really have a choice.

I have already put together about 12 outfits in my head. Fancy version: gold valentinos, and gold and pearl strands. Radical more casual: true red opaque tights, cognac oxfords and cognac belt, high bun. So excited:) I also got a fantastic Ivory jersey blazer with military buttons, and FINALLY found a colorblock shell I liked!

5. Next came a lovely ride to the Graham girl neighborhood, in perfect summer air with a lovely playlist and all windows rolled down in the black pearl. We joined the Grahamys for an outdoor concert. It was balmy and beauteous.

6. the night concluded with a conversation with my enchanting sister (I don't think she realizes that this is always a favorite part of my day), some NIELSONS LEMON CUSTARD, one of the best treats in the entire universe, and You've Got Mail. This was a good day:)


No comments:

Post a Comment