Since the last few blog posts have been dedicated to me solving the world's problems (see previous two posts: divorce rate in America? Solved! An economy recovering from recession? Solved!) I thought I would tackle the next one, the ancient female and confused male syndrome of "I have nothing to wear!" Here are three steps to solving this problem:
1. Polyvore! I love Polyvore. A funny name for fabulousness. Polyvore is the end of wondering what to wear. My favorite technique (after scrolling through all the palettes on the homepage) is to click through the celebrity style palettes. I like Leighton Meester and Audrey Hepburn best.
Or, pick something from your closet that you like but want to create a charming new ensemble from. Search for a combination with this and discover your own radical and wonderful outfit that is JCrew meets Anthropologie meets Lanvin meets Proenza Schoeler
2. Watch Devil Wears Prada. People I live with can I am sure always tell if I watched Devil Wears Prada the night before by what I am wearing. That show is so inspirational. Once, I copied the following outfit when the boy I was dating said it was his favorite (I wore it when I was going to break up with him.Good times)
3. Look at the last half of Vogue, this is where the best spreads are. If you get the Feb. 2011 issue look specifically at the Marc Jacobs spread, I am completely obsessed with that Pantone color of the year honeysuckle suit. Delicious.
Disclaimer: I absolutely do not support smoking or cigarettes, it is bad for you and for me. I do however support cigarette holders, as attempting to master this look with other objects has resulted in drawing on my face, puncturing my nose and breaking chopsticks in half.


No comments:
Post a Comment