European Conniption

I miss the cafe European Connection every single day. I loved it. I still remember the first time I went, nervous for whatever a "savory" crepe was, and intrigued by the monalisa/europe mural on the wall. As soon as I took my first dainty bite of that first cheese crepe however, I was hooked. I loved the perfect amount of sweetness in the crepes, and watching them pump the batter three times onto those crepe cooker things. I loved how they had high tables (I really love restaurants with high tables). I loved the first time I tasted a real savory crepe. I copied Callie and Tracie, and on it was provologne, chicken, veggies (onions, lettuce, etc, no tomato or mushrooms), and then a little bit of ranch and teriyaki sauces. Wow. Unbelievable. I used to go to European Connection for my birthday because it was my favorite, and during my abercrombie phase when everything  I owned was little abercrombie--because there was always a European Connection across the street from abercrombie.
Anyways, because of a poor business model that involved expanding too quickly and negligent brand corruption, European Connection left my life very suddently a few years back. Okay, actually I think it was about 10 years back. And I still miss it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. So, I decided to do something about it, I made my own (sponsored in part by Costco)! Here is how:

1. Make the crepes, I like the Costco cookbook crepe recipe because it has the right amount of sugar in it

2. Pour the crepes into a pan, I love my pink CuisineArt pan because NOTHING sticks to that puppy, it is so wonderful. Make sure the crepes aren't super thick. Cook on one side and then flip

3. After you flip, put the provologne cheese on, it will begin melting

4. Put the costco precooked chicken breast on the melting provologne (heated and cut). I like doing this because then the chicken stays in place and you get the right ratio of chicken to cheese

5. After confirming the other side of the crepe is cookied, remove from heat. Add the cucumbers, onions, etc.


6. Add the sauces. I like using my favorite Kraft cucumber ranch dressing and either a teriyaki sauce, my yummy sweet and sour sauce or THE BEST, JDAWGS SPECIAL SAUCE!!! Soooo yummy. And salt and pepper:)


7. Enjoy! Use the extra crepe batter to make a nutella and banana crepe too, in true European Connection form

1 comment: