More than just my blog redesign is new on the front of the Autumn Day. For those of you who don't already know, I have a new job! (But then again, if you didn't know that then you really don't know me and thus back off the blog creeper!!)
Anyways, I had my last interview the day I graduated, and I have been working for more than two months now. It is a company called ThomasArts, and I am completely in love with it. It is a communications agency, primarily marketing and advertising with a new pr department.
I honestly can't say enough about this company. I have learned so much, and the more I learn the more I love. The people I work with are creative, open minded and completely sincerely kind, and hilarious. Everyone has a personality, I love that! The company is constantly evolving, continuously improving and fixing. It's organizational structure, oh I love it. I am not the only one either, we just won the two biggest awards in Utah--Best of State and One of the Top 10 Best Companies to work for in Utah. Basically, I feel incredibly lucky to be there. And to top it all off, I have the cutest freaking cubicle in the world! Seriously. Let me explain, I have been kinda obsessed for the last year with the color schemes of yellow and gray & orange and gray--especially the latter. My resume is that scheme and so is ThomasArts, or at least their logo. So, as my cubicle is all gray I thought it would be perfect to integrate my favorite scheme with a new pop, some fun limey olivey green. First, I started with a giant orange Chinese lantern (with an actual light in it) under the cabinet thing on one side of the cubicle. ON the other I have hung frames with the color scheme depicted inside them.
Creativity is such an integrated part of ThomasArts, so they were totally fine with my cutest cubicle remodel. And within just a few days I met everyone in the office because they could see this crazy orange ball of light from the largest conference room. Yeah, it is definitely visible from the main conference room, but my bosses think it is funny and it is always a conversation starter, even with clients.
I know myself well enough to know that I am a much better person and writer if I am happy in the space around me, you can ask anyone who worked with me when I was an officer at the Y. I basically staged a coup in the Hinckley Building as I slowly turned the Student Alumni Association area into a student friendly atmosphere, rather than the other thing I called it..."the crypt."
And my office space would never be complete without the ultimate communications connoisseur-- Don Draper.


You're hilarious. I love that you put your own style in the cubicle. I hear ya on the environment is everything thinking. Congrats on scoring such a perfect fit of a job!
ReplyDeleteI love your cubicle!! I've been wanting to see a picture of it. I love your new blog design too.
ReplyDelete